Motorcycle Insurance In Liberty, South Carolina
Compare Insurance Quotes
Progressive * Travelers * Dairyland * Allstate * Farmers * The General * & More
Motorcycle insurance requirements in Liberty
Shopping for the state minimum liability insurance for your motorcycle? Many consumers are not aware of what the state minimum limits are that is required in South Carolina. Those limits are 25,000 for bodily injury per person, 50,000 for bodily injury for all persons per accident, and 25,000 for property damage per accident.
|State||Minimum Coverage Requirements||Average Cost for Minimum Liability Coverage|
Where To Ride In Liberty
- If you are a young driver in Liberty, SC perhaps you’ve thought about cruising in your very own motorcycle one of these days. You may have heard the rumble of the local riders and realized Liberty is located in a prime spot in the upstate.
- On one hand you have the mountains in one direction. Or you can head to the beach.
- One of the best ways to drive the scenic roads of SC is by driving the Cherokee foothills national scenic Byway. This drive explores the Georgia, South Carolina border and will take approximately 4 hours.
- To the average person 4 hours of driving may sound like a drag but if driving a motorcycle is on your mind than 4 hours is nothing if exactly what you want.
- If all this sounds appealing to you it sounds like the word bike may just be in your blood after all.
Be In The Know
- But before you take off and hit up Harley-Davidson you should probably head over to your local insurance office and make some changes.
- Your current license you got under whatever vehicle you are driving does not carry over to your motorcycle. A separate license is required and maybe its hit you by now but a change in your insurance is also required.
- Coverage needed will change from state to state but if you’re A Liberty native here are your requirements as a SC motorcycle driver.
- Minimal liability insurance amounts include $25,000 per person for bodily injury, $50,000 per accident for bodily injury, and $25,000 per accident for property damage.
- Comprehensive coverage is not required but highly recommended as the risks of driving a motorcycle are much higher than in a 4-wheel vehicle.
- With all these considerations you may decide your up for the changes and you’ll be on your way to your favorite scenic drive location.
Last Updated on July 5, 2021 by Katie Sopko