Motorcycle Insurance In Oregon
If you have a motorcycle and love to ride on scenic roads, then Oregon is the perfect place to do that! Its known as one of the country’s BEST motorcycle roads because of its scenic diversity and the scenic alone. And when they say scenic diversity, they mean it. You will experience the shores of the Pacific Ocean, ride through the Cascade mountains, and then the gorgeous Columbia River and end in the eastern part of the state which you will see the River Canyons!
Oregon’s Motorcycle Laws
Now as free as this sounds, all that beauty comes at a cost. And that is Oregon’s motorcycle laws. Here are some of the laws…
- The motorist will have to acquire liability insurance of 25/50/20
- All motorists are required to wear a helmet by DOT
- The owner is required to register the bike and display the license plate on the bike
- All riders must have their license and proof of possession on them
- And the owner of the bike must have a valid motorcycle endorsed or instruction permit
Oregon’s Motorcycle Equipment Laws
There are also some laws to take into consideration about the equipment that will make your motorcycle street legal. The insured motorist must have these things below…
- A minimum at least of these items:
- Minimum Liabilty Insurance Coverage
- Red taillight with a stop lamp
- Rear red reflector and one white light to make the license plate visible
- A rearview mirror and one horn
- One white headlight that is always kept on
- Fenders one each of the wheels
- At least one brake that is operated by hand or foot
- A valid license plate that is mounted correctly on the back of the bike and must be able to read easily
- Functional turn signals
- And an exhaust system that works and constantly operating so that it prevents visible emissions and reduce noise levels.
Other than that, it will all be well worth enjoying your scenic ride on your bike!