- Insurance is categorized on risk, type and hazards.
- Did you know that the first insurance contract dates back in 1347, from Genoa?
- The insurance industry is pretty big. In 2017 The insurance sectors contribution did a poll, and the US GDP stood at 3.1%.
- Net premiums that were written in the US insurance industry amounted in $1.2 trillion.In the life and annuity segment 52% was written, and the remaining 48% was written in the casualty and property sector.
- Statics show that an average family will spend about 5-10% of their income on insurance.
Types Of Insurance
There are 8 main types of insurance:
- Health insurance
- Car insurance
- Life insurance
- Homeowners insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Renters insurance
- travel insurance
- pet insurance