Your Guide to the Best Insurance Rates
Motorcycle Insurance Mississippi
- Motorcycle Insurance Mississippi
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: HOW TO GET A FREE QUOTE
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: 6 LAWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: STATE LIABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: WHICH INSURANCE COMPANIES OFFER IT?
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: Costs for Liability Only
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: DISCOUNTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: COVERAGE OPTIONS
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: How To Get a Motorcycle License
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: Rating Factors
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: SAFETY TIPS
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Helpful Insurance Links
Mississippi has no shortage of great scenic routes to explore on your Motorcycle. Prepare for hot and humid weather if riding in the summer, and make sure to stay hydrated! Mississippi has great attractions such as the Civil War battle in Vicksburg National Military Park, and the famous Rodney Ghost town.
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: HOW TO GET A FREE QUOTE
Looking at purchasing a Motorcycle in Mississippi and having a hard time getting the affordable Insurance quotes that you deserve?
Call our agents today for a free, fast Insurance quote. We are able to shop several Insurance providers to make sure we are finding you the best price, and the best coverage for your money.
If you have other products, such as auto and/or home, be sure to ask about our bundle discounts that can lead to even more savings!
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: 6 LAWS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- In order to operate a Motorcycle in Mississippi, you must get your Motorcycle License.
- You should study the Motorcycle Foundation Operators manual before scheduling your test with the DMV.
- You will need to pass a vision test and written exam in order to receive your Motorcycle Endorsement.
- If you are getting your learner’s permit, once you pass the test you can practice with riders who are at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license with Motorcycle Endorsement.
- You are required, by law, to carry at least the State Minimum Liability limits while operating a motorcycle.
- All drivers and passengers are required to wear a Helmet while operating.
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: STATE LIABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Each States has their own liability requirements in order to be legal while operating an automobile or motorcycle on the road.
In Mississippi, you must carry at least $25,000/$50,000/$25,000.
In greater detail, in the event that you were at fault (liable) in an accident, your liability limits will pay out to the other party involved. If you opt for the State Minimum Required, your liability will pay out $25,000 each person for bodily injury expenses and up to $50,000 per accident, and $25,000 for property damage.
You can choose to add additional coverages such as Uninsured Motorist and Medical payments.
You can also increase your liability limits from the State Minimum to a higher limit for greater coverage.
Not sure what limits you should carry? Ask our professionals for advice, as we are more than happy to go over different coverage scenarios and explain any questions you may have.
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: WHICH INSURANCE COMPANIES OFFER IT?
While several Insurance companies may offer Motorcycle Insurance, not all companies may be the best fit for every customer.
Be sure to check out the companies ratings on JD Power or AMs Best to find out how the Insurance company is rating on their claims process, customer service, and all other categories. Sometimes, choosing the cheapest option is not always the best option as their service may not be the best as other companies are.
Reputable companies such as Progressive, Dairyland (Viking) and Geico all offer multiple products like auto, home, renters, RV and Motorcycle to make bundling an easy, affordable option.
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: Costs for Liability Only
Liability coverage on a Motorcycle is very inexpensive, contrary to what some people may think.
Although, the cost will vary depending upon the Insurance company, the driver and their driving experience, any violations (accidents/tickets/claims) a driver has, the location and type of bike.
Liability coverage will cover the other party if you are found at fault in the accident, and it has no coverage for your bike if you are found At Fault. If the other party is found At Fault in an accident, that is where their liability limits kick in to pay out your bodily injury expenses, and property damage to your bike.
A good rule of thumb to follow is if your bike is over 10 years of age, you should carry liability coverage.
|City in Mississippi||Average Liability Only Rate|
|Gulf Park Estates||$125.00|
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: DISCOUNTS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT
There are so many discounts that are factored into Insurance prices, that make saving money so easy.
Make sure your insurance company is asking you questions regarding discounts, and if they are not – find a company that is!
A reputable company that cares about their customers should be mentioning Paperless discounts, advanced quoting, Auto pay and Pay in Full discounts. Other discounts that may be offered include Safety Course Completion, MC Endorsement on your license, and Group Affiliation discounts.
|Motorcycle Insurance Discounts|
|Anti lock brakes|
|vehicle usage & Mileage|
|approved safety course|
|Garaged or locked storage|
|MC Endorsement on License|
|Continuous Insurance Discount|
|Multi Lines Discount|
|Years of riding experience|
|Operators Safety Course|
|Operator’s Education Course|
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: COVERAGE OPTIONS
You can opt for the most basic Motorcycle Insurance coverage, which would be liability only.
From there, you can choose to add additional State coverages such as Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury Protection and Property Damage, and Medical Payments.
Uninsured Motorist is a great coverage to have if you are only carrying liability, and you are concerned for your medical expenses and property damages to your bike if you were hit by an uninsured driver. Sometimes the difference in cost could be a matter of dollars and it is definitely a great coverage to consider.
You can also add full coverage onto your Insurance policy which consists of Comprehensive and Collision coverage.
Comprehensive will cover for things like theft, vandalism, fire, and impact with an animal. Collision covers impact with another vehicle or object.
Other coverages like Accessory coverage, Safety riding apparel, and Roadside/Trip Interruption are automatically included in the policy premium.
|Coverage options for Motorcycle Insurance|
|Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury|
|Guest Passenger Liability|
|Uninsured Motorist Property damage|
|Physical Damage Plus|
|Transport Trailer coverage|
|Safety riding apparel|
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: How To Get a Motorcycle License
In Mississippi, you must have a valid driver’s license to get a Motorcycle Endorsement added on.
You will need to take a vision test, and a written exam.
If you are applying for your permit, you will need to take a test and vision test as well, and you can practice driving with another driver that is at least 21 years of age, and has a valid license with MC endorsement.
Safety courses are not required in order to obtain a license, but they are recommended. If you are interested in Safety courses, or the documents required for your appointment, visit your local DMV.
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: Rating Factors
Several rating factors go into determining a potential customer’s Insurance premium.
Some commonly known factors include age, gender, marital status and location.
Other factors include continuous insurance (if you’ve been insured with another company for at least 6 months before switching), multi policy discount, multi vehicle, etc.
The type of bike also determines the rate, such as the year, CC size, and coverages desired.
|Motorcycle Insurance Rating Factors|
|Type of bike (engine size|
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: SAFETY TIPS
As Insurance agents, we care for our customers and want to make sure they are always safe while operating on the road. Some safety tips to consider are:
- Make sure to check your bike before each ride such as doing a walk around to make sure tires are all aired up, headlights and taillights are working properly, as well as blinkers.
- Carry all the appropriate documentation with you, such as your Drivers License, Registration, and Insurance documents in case you get pulled over.
- Always check the weather conditions before taking off and make sure to dress for the weather.
- Always wear a helmet, safety glasses, gloves, and consider investing in a leather jacket and leather chaps. These may be costly, but they are great for protecting you if you were to crash.
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE MISSISSIPPI: Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Motorcycle Insurance required in Mississippi?
You are required to carry at least the State Minimum Liability limits in MIssissippi.
- Who has the best and cheapest Motorcycle Insurance?
Progressive and Dairyland Insurance have great prices on Motorcycle Insurance.
- Does it cost more to insure a Motorcycle?
Motorcycle Insurance is very inexpensive.
- How much motorcycle coverage do you need?
By law, you are only required to carry liability. If you are financing or purchased a brand new motorcycle, you should consider full coverage.
Other Helpful Insurance Links
Last Updated on March 2, 2022 by Veronica Moss