MOTORCYCLE – COLORADO
Ft. Collins Motorcycle Insurance
When Shopping for Ft. Collins Motorcycle Insurance in Colorado it is best to start with what the State minimum is:
With this State minimum figured out for us, what will be the average cost of Motorcycle Insurance?
Ft. Collins Motorcycle Insurance- rules for Motorcycle drivers
If you want to take your motorcycle out on the road, you need to know there are some rules and regulations first in Ft. Collins!
Motorcycles and motor vehicles must follow the same traffic laws. Below are some of them….
- IF you are are a motorist over 18, you are not required to wear a helmet in CO. If you are a young driver under 18 then it is required that you wear one and they must be DOT approved.
- Although they are not required for some, it is highly recommended that you do. In 2006, 65% motorists were killed due to not wearing helmets.
- Eye protection is legally required for drivers and their passengers. Windshields are not acceptable.
Ft. Collins Motorcycle Insurance- Other types of insurance we offer
We offer many different insurance products here at A Plus Insurance. We also offer bundling with a couple of our carriers as well to save our clients even more money. In addition to home, condo, renters, and auto insurance we have recently started offering ATV, snowmobile and dirt bike insurance through Dairyland. We also offer business liability insurance in Fort Collins, Colorado.
|Type of Coverage||Our Top Companies|
|Car Insurance||Progressive, Dairyland,|
|Business Insurance||BTIS, Hiscox|
|RV Insurance||Progressive, Travelers|
|Home Insurance||Travelers, ASI, Foremost Star|
|Renters Insurance||ASI, Foremost|
|Boat Insurance||Travelers, Progressive|
|Motorcycle Insurance||Dairyland, Progressive|
Ft. Collins Motorcycle Insurance- Motorcycle Endorsements
For a motorcycle Endorsement you must have a valid CO driver’s license. The 2 different kinds of motorcycle endorsements are “M” which is going to allow you to drive two and three wheeled motorcycles and then there is “3” and that means you can only drive three wheeled motorcycles. You can add the endorsement 2 ways…
- Must pass the motorcycle written exam and purchase an instruction permit, then pass a motorcycle skills test and then you will need to get a new driver’s license and add the motorcycle endorsement.
- You must complete a Motorcycle Operator Safety Training course and once you have passed that you will show your MOST waiver card to the DMV and there you will need to get a new license and add the motorcycle endorsement.
Last Updated on by Amanda Moss