Your Guide to the Best Rates!
Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska
- Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: State Requirements
- Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: Discounts Available
- Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: Which Companies offer it?
- Motorcycle Insurance In Alaska: How to Get a FREE Quote
- Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: Cost For Liability Only
- Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: How to Get a Motorcycle License
- Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: Best Full Coverage Rates
- Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional Helpful LInks
- INSURANCE SERVICES WE OFFER
Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: State Requirements
In order to operate a Motorcycle in Alaska, you must comply with the following laws:
- Are you old enough? You must meet the minimum age requirement of 16 years old to become licensed, and obtain a MC endorsement.
- Registration: Next, you will need to register your Motorcycle with the State of Alaska, and obtain insurance coverage that meets Alaska’s State requirements. The minimum requirement for insurance is 50/100/25 liability.
- Check if there are Required Safety Courses: It is recommended that you take a motorcycle safety course, however it not mandatory to obtain a license. Make sure you are always wearing a helmet for safety, and drive cautiously on the road! Enjoy the open road!
Understanding State Required Minimum Insurance Limits
When purchasing insurance, you will hear your agent ask you…what would you like to set your liability limits too: the state minimum…or higher?
In the event of an accident you are liable for, this will pay out $50,000 per person, up to $100,000 per accident for bodily injury expenses, and $25,000 for property damage.
Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: Discounts Available
There are several motorcycle insurance discounts that may apply to you to help keep your insurance premiums low in Alaska.
You will need to check with your specific insurance company, because all companies vary a little bit on discounts.
Many of the commonly well known discounts include:
- MC Endorsement on License
- Years of riding experience
- Operator’s Education Course
- Operators Safety Course
- Motorcycle Rider Group Discount
- HOG Discount
- Garaged or locked storage
- vehicle usage & Mileage (pleasure, commute, etc)
Other discounts that are applied automatically include: Homeownership Discount, Multi Lines Discount, Continuous Insurance Discount, Married discount, EFT Discount, PIF Discount, Military .
|Ask Your Agent If You Qualify for Any of These Discounts:|
|Operator’s Education Course|
|Motorcycle Rider Group Discount|
|MC Endorsement on License|
|Garaged or Locked Storage|
|Operators Safety Course|
|Anti Lock Brakes|
|Approved Safety Course|
|Multi Lines Discount|
|Vehicle Usage & Mileage|
|Years of Riding Experience|
|Continuous Insurance Discount|
Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: Which Companies offer it?
Many companies specialize in just auto insurance, while others offer motorcycle insurance to bundle with other products which leads to instant savings!
Some companies that are well known for their cheap bundling prices are Geico, Progressive and Dairyland Insurance. Many of these companies offer other products like Home Insurance, Renters Insurance, Cheap car Insurance, RV and ATV.
Motorcycle Insurance In Alaska: How to Get a FREE Quote
Getting an Insurance quote should be easy for the customer. Our agents with A Plus Insurance pride themselves on being knowledgeable and quick while offering free Motorcycle Insurance quotes.
We like to take the time with each customer to explain the coverages available, and make sure each individual is satisfied and educated on their desired coverages.
While we take our time explaining coverages and discounts available, we can still get the quote done in a short amount of time, leaving you more time to enjoy the ride!
Not sure where to start or how to obtain Motorcycle Insurance? Call us today for a free Insurance quote.
Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: Cost For Liability Only
Liability insurance is the minimum required to make you legal on the road.
Your liability limit that you have selected will pay out to another party if you are the one at Fault in an accident.
Your liability limit needs to be at least the state minimum, but can be altered for higher coverage if needed.
The other person’s liability limit is what will pay out to you, if they are found at fault in an accident.
In Alaska, you can also add additional coverages to your Insurance policy like Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury protection.
The average cost for Liability Motorcycle Insurance will vary depending upon several rating factors. These include the driver, type of motorcycle, type of liability coverage, and your location.
|City in Alaska||Average Cost of Liability Only|
|Savoonga and Buffalo Soapstone||$124.00|
Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: How to Get a Motorcycle License
You’ve just purchased your first motorcycle, now what’s next? Here’s what you need to do:
- In the State of Alaska, you must be at least 16 years or older for a Class M1 which would be for any motorcycle with an engine displacement of over 50CC.
- If your motorcycle is 3 wheeled, the same age is required, but the license will be categorized as an M3.
- Since Alaska requires a DMV road rest, or approved motorcycle Class, you will need to do either of those two things. Make sure to schedule your appointment ahead of time, bring proper Identification with you and any fees required for the road test/safety course.
- Along with the test(s), you will also be required to take a vision test.
- Once you have passed, you will officially be licensed to operate a Motorcycle. Congratulations!
Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: Best Full Coverage Rates
Rating factors used to help determine the cost for insurance include Driving history, driving experience, marital status, age/gender, affiliation with a Motorcycle Group, and the type of Motorcycle and coverages desired.
If you are financing a Motorcycle, or own a newer Motorcycle, chances are you will want to carry full coverage insurance.
Full coverage consists of Comprehensive and Collision.
Comprehensive covers fire, theft, vandalism and Collision covers impact with another vehicle/object/motorcycle.
You can add extra coverage onto full coverage such as Roadside, Rental/Trip Interruption.
Many companies like Progressive, Geico and Dairyland Insurance include coverages such as Safety Riding Apparel and accessory coverage which is included in the premium. These coverages will cover the cost of any helmets, riding gear, or custom permanently attached equipment up to a specific limit. These are very customizable, which means you should not be paying for any coverage you do not need.
Not sure what coverages to carry? Talk with one of our agents today for advice!
|City in Alaska||Average Full Coverage Rates|
Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska: Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska?
Per State Law, any Motorcycle used for on road use, must carry at least the Minimum Liability Limits which are 50/100/50 in Alaska. You can increase the liability limit if desired, and also carry full coverage but it is not required by law.
How much should you pay for Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska?
The price for Motorcycle Insurance will vary depending on several factors. Liability Insurance can be as cheap as $10 a month, and full coverage can be around $30-$40 a month for a driver with a clean driving history. Sometimes the cost of liability and full coverage on the bike will be the same price, because the Insurance company is only charging you the minimum amount they are required no matter the coverages.
Is Alaska a State that has the cheapest Motorcycle Insurance?
Most states offer cheap Motorcycle Insurance, Alaska being one of them. Check with your Insurance agent for an average price
How to get Motorcycle Insurance in Alaska?
Pass a written exam or State Approved Safety Course to obtain your Motorcycle License. Make sure to bring the proper documentation with you to the DMV and any applicable fees.
Additional Helpful LInks
|Cheap Car Insurance Wasilla|
|SR22 Insurance in Alaska|
|Cheap Auto Insurance In Alaska|
|Insurance in Juneau, AK|
INSURANCE SERVICES WE OFFER
Last Updated on by Lauren Mckenzie