In 2014 Pueblo Colorado took the number six spot as one of the most affordable places to live in the United States. The “Steel City” boasts a diversified economy, an impressive array of recreational opportunities besides its low cost of living.
There is much to love about Pueblo Colorado including its outdoor recreation, local parks, and the Pueblo Riverwalk to name a few. However, it is the climate that gets top billing with four distinct seasons and no shortage of sunny days, what’s not to love. Whether you are moving to the area or are a long time local, you will need adequate home insurance.
Get to know Pueblo Homeowners Insurance
Homeowners coverage gives financial assurance against loss from natural disasters, theft, and accidents. Most standard policies include four major kinds of coverage: Coverage for the actual house itself; Coverage for the contents of your house; Liability protection; Coverage for Additional Living Expenses.
Not only do homeowners policies protect the actual structure, which is my most lenders require it in the terms of the loan, but it also includes your “stuff” in the event of a covered loss. Even if you do not have a mortgage, it is always a smart financial move to buy insurance.
To learn more about Colorado Home Insurance, check out our buyer’s guide.
Types of Losses Homeowners Insurance May Protect Your From
Well, the easy one that basic and comprehensive policies alike provide coverage for is fire. Insurance will also protect you from weather-related incidents like hail. In 2009 Pueblo was witness to one of Colorado’s most costly hail storms coming in at $232.8 million. The right policy and coverages may also pay for living accommodations while repairs to your home finish.
While Pueblo is an ideal place to live, property thefts occur here just like any other city. Keep your treasured belongings safe by having the proper coverage in place. Home insurance provides a financial reprieve for those items taken in a home invasion.
Claims are no fun, but if they happen A Plus Insurance will be there to help you every step of the way.
Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Pueblo
While there is a myriad of determinants that go into your homeowner’s premiums and rates vary from company to company, there are primary factors that all carriers look at.
- Rebuilding cost of your home. If a fire ravages your home this is the cost to get it back to the condition it was in before the loss. Includes construction, materials, removing debris and the ease accessibility and labor.
- Materials that make up your home. The construction of your home is a biggie. Is the material built to last? Does it burn easily? These factors go into the rate.
- Age of your home. It is a fact older homes cost more to insure than newer ones. Whether it is deteriorating materials or unique features, older homes cost more to replace.
- Fire protection in your area. This means the distance you are from a water source and the time it takes the fire department to respond.
- Claims history in your area. If you are in high burglary area or prone to tornadoes, your rate will reflect it.
- Your claims history. If you file small claims every year, a new company will charge you for it. Remember to discuss with your agent before filing a claim.
- Your pets. Yup, those little darlings could raise your rates. Certain “aggressive” breeds will cause an increase in premium or no coverage at all.
- Your coverages. Just like car insurance, the limits you choose will determine the rates. More protection may mean more premium, but it also means greater peace of mind. You do not want to end up like some of these poor souls did.
Where to Start?
If you are moving to Pueblo, purchasing a new home or just shopping your current coverage, it can be overwhelming. At A Plus Insurance we will be there to answer questions you may have and eliminate any concerns. We will work with you to find the right coverage that fits within your budget, and we will not sell you on extras you do not need. We believe in providing all Puebloans with excellent service. Our online system makes it super easy to start a quote, ask a question or learn more about the insurance you are looking for.
Let us be your insurance hero, start your homeowners quote here.