Homeowners Insurance Aurora, CO
At A Plus Insurance, our licensed agents are trained to provide excellent, quality service for our customers, getting our insured’s the best coverages, for the most affordable prices.
Call our agents today for a free quote on Homeowners Insurance in Aurora. We also offer other products such as Auto, Motorcycle, RV, Business insurance, Commercial, and more!
- Homeowners Insurance Aurora, CO
- Best Homeowners Insurance companies in Colorado
- Homeowners Insurance rates by company
- What does homeowners Insurance cover in Colorado
- Most common Causes for Homeowners Loss and claims (nationwide)
- How to save money on Homeowners Insurance Aurora, CO
- Bundling Options with Home Owners insurance in Colorado
- Homeowners Insurance Aurora what companies offer home insurance
- Discounts available for Home Owners Insurance in Aurora
- Rating factors for Homeowners Insurance Aurora
Best Homeowners Insurance companies in Colorado
When looking for home insurance in Aurora, Colorado make sure to check the companies ratings to ensure you are getting coverage through a reputable insurance provider.
AM Best is a site used to rate home insurance companies based on several factors, such as customer service, claims process, etc.
Homeowners Insurance rates by company
You can expect to pay anywhere from $1300-$1500/year, based on a home worth $250,000. Homes that are valued higher, will likely cost more for home insurance.
Below is the average cost homeowners in Aurora spend on home insurance annually.
|Company||Home Owners ($250,000)|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$1,479|
|Travelers Companies Inc.||$1,417|
|American Family Insurance||$1,514|
|Hartford Financial Services||$1,296|
What does homeowners Insurance cover in Colorado
A Home Insurance policy consists of the 6 parts, or 6 core coverages that are standard on a Home Insurance policy. Since there are so many home insurance providers to choose from, many companies offer additional endorsements and waivers you can add on for different coverages you may need.
Below is what makes up a standard home insurance policy.
Coverage A – Dwelling : pays to rebuild your home and permanently attached structures, such as a garage. When selecting your dwelling coverage, this should be the value of the home, without the land included.
Coverage B – Other Structures : This covers structures on the property that are not permanently attached to the home, such as a fence, car port, or shed.
Coverage C- Personal Property : this will cover your personal contents in the home in the event of a covered claim such as furniture, appliances, electronics, etc.
Coverage D – Additional Living Expenses : If you home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim, you will be provided a set amount of money for a food, lodging and transportation until repairs are made to your residence.
Coverage E – Liability : Pays for guests medical and legal expenses if you are found legally responsible. For instance, if you had guests over at your house for a BBQ and someone slipped and fell. The typical liability limit is either $100,000, $300,000 or $500,000.
Coverage F – Medical Payments : Pays for guests’ medical bills from minor injuries — regardless of who’s at fault typically $1000-$5000.
Most common Causes for Homeowners Loss and claims (nationwide)
The most common losses for Colorado homeowners is due to Vandalism, statistics show. Of course this will vary based on the area and zip code that you live in. The other common causes for loss include water damage, wind and hail.
We all know about the destructive hail storms Colorado gets, so it is important to carry homeowners insurance to cover any losses that may incur with weather damage, such as hail.
|Other Weather related|
|Loss of Use|
How to save money on Homeowners Insurance Aurora, CO
There are several things you can do to help cut the cost on your home insurance premium.
We recommend speaking with an agent to do a free check on your current policy to go over the coverages you have, and see if we have any suggestions for you. We will examine your current policy, at no cost, and may be able to offer you a cheaper quote with another competitive company.
Most insurers offer standard savings opportunities, such as bundling or going paperless, but here are a few more cost-saving tips:
- Get quotes from multiple companies. The cost for home insurance may vary drastically from company to company. To ensure you are getting the best price, get multiple home insurance quotes before signing up with any. Better yet, call our agents for a free quote!
- Safety Features/home characteristics. Fire alarms, smoke alarms, burglar alarm or security cameras and even deadbolts could lower your premium. When purchasing a home, buyers may be able to save money on their home insurance with a new build purchase. If you don’t end up buying new, consider checking the age of the roof before purchasing – most insurance companies will give you a discount if your roof is less than 10 years old.
- Boost your credit score. Insurers may look at your credit score when determining your policy premiums, just as your score is used to determine your home loan eligibility. It is important to maintain a good credit score, to see the best savings.
Bundling Options with Home Owners insurance in Colorado
When you bundle multiple insurance policies with one company, you will see instant savings on each insurance policy you have through that company. Most customers save $300-$400, sometimes more, just by bundling.
If you own a small business and need business insurance we have you covered. If you are purchasing a new boat, ATV, or motorcycle we can do that too! Check with our insurance agents to see how much money you can save with our great bundle deals.
Homeowners Insurance Aurora what companies offer home insurance
To save yourself time, and hassle; check below for a list of local companies in Colorado that offer home insurance.
|Company||Home Owners Offered|
Discounts available for Home Owners Insurance in Aurora
Most homeowners know that they can save on their home insurance by bundling their policy with another product, such as Auto, RV or Motorcycle. You can also save money on your homeowners insurance Aurora by several different ways.
Check below for common discounts offered.
|Home Monitoring / Burglar|
|Hail Resistant Roofing|
|Paid in Full|
|Smoke Detector (Monitored)|
|New Home Discount|
|Auto Water Shut Off or Leak Detection|
|Bundling Multiple Polices|
Rating factors for Homeowners Insurance Aurora
What goes in to calculating home insurance premiums?
Below is a list of the common rating factors that are used to help determine eligibility, as well as the annual cost for homeowners insurance Aurora.
If you live in an area that is more prone to fires, you may have a hard time getting insurance on the home, and it cost be costly.
|Protection Class Proximity to Fire Station|
|Upgrades to Wiring Plumbing|
|Swimming Pool or Hot Tub|
|Age of Home|
|Value of Home Replacement Cost|
|Additional Colorado Insurance|
|Cheap SR-22 Insurance in Colorado|
|Bundle and save with Motorcycle Insurance|
|Affordable Homeowners Insurance Pueblo|
|Tips for Homeowners|
Last Updated on by Lauren Mckenzie