MOTORCYCLE – OKLAHOMA
Motorcycle Insurance in Oklahoma
If you live in Oklahoma, there’s a good chance you might own a motorcycle. Here are our top tricks to keep premiums cheap.
- Motorcycle Insurance in Oklahoma
- Motorcycle Insurance in Oklahoma: Rating Factors
- Motorcycle Insurance In Oklahoma: Best Destinations
- Motorcycle Insurance In Oklahoma- Coverages
- COST FOR MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE (LIABILITY ONLY) IN OKLAHOMA
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA: SAFETY TIPS
- LAWS PERTAINING TO MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA: HOW TO GET A FREE QUOTE
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA: COST FOR FULL COVERAGE
- HOW DO YOU GET A MOTORCYCLE LICENSE IN OKLAHOMA
- STATE REQUIREMENTS FOR MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA
- MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA: Frequently Asked Questions
Motorcycle Insurance in Oklahoma: Rating Factors
When shopping for insurance to cover your motorcycle it’s helpful to know what factors auto insurance companies consider when implementing rates.
For example, credit history impacts most things in life, so naturally it affects your insurance rates. In addition, the type of motorcycle, and your driving history will heavily impact your rate
|Insurance Rating Factor||Impact on Insurance Rates|
|vehicle performance (symbol)||Medium|
|Major Violations (DUI,DWI,etc)||High|
|anti theft device||Low|
Motorcycle Insurance In Oklahoma: Best Destinations
If you are wanting to see amazing scenic views but you do not want to hike, grab your motorcycle and ride the amazing views of Oklahoma!
The most popular is the Ouachita National Forest. And you can enjoy beautiful views year-round! Route 66 is another popular route you can ride; this is going to be more of the roadside attractions you can enjoy!
Just be sure you are insured in your beautiful Oklahoma city.
Motorcycle Insurance In Oklahoma- Coverages
Now before you take your bike out, there are some rules and laws you need to consider.
The liability limits that the insured motorist must have is 25/50/25. Now those minimum coverage limits will cover a minor accident, but if it is a major accident you may have wished you had more coverage. Here is some more coverage you may want to investigate…
- Collision coverage– this will cover your motorcycle in almost every situation
- Uninsured/under insured motorist coverage– It is estimated that nearly 26% of motorists in Oklahoma do have insurance. That is the highest between all the states. That is why this coverage is important to have. This will cover you in any of the cases where you hit by someone who does not have insurance or who does not carry enough to take care of damage done.
- Comprehensive coverage– This is going to cover your bike for things that are out of your control. For instance, theft or vandalism, fire, wind or water damage.
- Bodily injury coverage– This will cover the costs if you during an at fault accident you injure or kill someone, it will also protect your passenger.
- Medical payment coverage– This is going to cover the costs of prescriptions, dental, copayments and deductibles, or funeral expenses.
- If you have really customized your bike, you can even look into getting CPE which is Custom Parts and Equipment.
COST FOR MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE (LIABILITY ONLY) IN OKLAHOMA
Liability coverage on a Motorcycle can be very cheap, depending upon the driver and the amount of experience they have, as well as the bike (year, engine size). Some drivers pay as little as $5/month for liability on their motorcycles.
You should consider shopping at multiple Insurance companies to find the best prices, and find the best discounts.
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA: SAFETY TIPS
- Stay safe on the roads and enjoy your ride. Please be sure to give yourself plenty of space between you and other drivers, and always drive defensively.
- Be aware of blind spots and avoid weaving between lanes, especially since motorcyclists can be hard to spot by other moving vehicles.
- Have knowledge and experience on how to handle diverse road conditions such as wet roads, high winds and uneven surfaces, while always maintaining the speed limit.
- All States offer Motorcycle Safety courses, which is also recognized by Insurance companies and can lead to additional discounts. It’s never a bad idea to take a safety course, and even familiarize every few years.
LAWS PERTAINING TO MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA
There are a few laws to read up on before operating your Motorcycle on the road for the first time. Each State differs with their laws and requirements, but here are the laws in Oklahoma that you need to know:
- Safety helmets are required for anyone under age 18.
- Eye protection is required unless equipped with a windscreen.
- Daytime use of headlights, Left mirror and Right mirror are required when operating.
- Your bike must be equipped with a muffler that is in good order, and it cannot be altered to increase the sound emitted louder than that emitted by the original muffler installed on the Motorcycle.
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA: HOW TO GET A FREE QUOTE
When looking for Motorcycle Insurance quotes, you should consider working with an agent or broker to find the best deals for you.
Brokers are able to look at several Insurance companies to find the best price, best coverage, and save you valuable time while searching.
Most companies that offer Motorcycle Insurance also offer Auto Insurance and Home Insurance, which makes bundling a breeze for you! If you bundle multiple policies you can save instantly. Be sure to ask your agent about these bundling opportunities.
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA: COST FOR FULL COVERAGE
A lot of people associate full coverage with being expensive, but with most Motorcycle insurance, that is not the case.
Motorcycles often cost a lot less that automobiles, and can be much cheaper to insure, even with full coverage.
We have done several full coverage quotes with all the bells and whistles and it can be around $22/month! It pays off to be a safe, experienced driver as you will receive cheaper Insurance quotes if you are.
Check with our agents today for a free quote on full coverage and ask about all the additional coverages that come with it.
HOW DO YOU GET A MOTORCYCLE LICENSE IN OKLAHOMA
If already licensed in the State of Oklahoma, all you will need is an “M” Endorsement on your current drivers license.
You must complete a vision test and written/drive test exam to get your Motorcycle endorsement.
Make sure to bring all required documentation and applicable fees. You can check with your local DMV for additional information on what to bring to your test.
STATE REQUIREMENTS FOR MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA
Yes, you do need to carry at least the State Minimum Liability limits in order to operate a Motorcycle on the road.
As mentioned above, the minimum legal coverage is $25,000 per person for bodily injury/up to $50,000 per accident, and $25,000 for property damage.
In Oklahoma, Uninsured Motorist coverage is required at $25,000 per person for bodily injury/up to $50,000 each accident. You can adjust your liability limits by increasing this coverage for higher.
A good rule of thumb when choosing your liability is to match it with your assets. If you are a homeowner, you may want to carry at least 100/300/100 limits. In the event that you are liable for an accident, if your liability limits do not properly cover the other party, you could risk the chance of being sued.
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE IN OKLAHOMA: Frequently Asked Questions
Is Insurance on a Motorcycle expensive?
Surprisingly to some, Motorcycle Insurance can be very inexpensive.
Can you get Motorcycle Insurance without a license?
You can get Insurance if you hold a permit, but you will need to list an additional driver onto the insurance policy.
Can you get Motorcycle Insurance without an Endorsement?
Yes, you can. You need to make sure to get your endorsement before operating though.
What is the best Insurance for Motorcycles?
There are several great companies for Motorcycle Insurance such as Geico, Progressive and Dairyland Insurance.
Hope we could help keep you informed, and safe, and legal! Enjoy your scenic rides in Oklahoma and be safe!
|Other Helpful Links|
|Auto Insurance Oklahoma|
|Insurance Questions Answered|
|Auto Insurance Texas|
|Motorcycle Insurance Anderson|
|Cheap Car Insurance Pueblo|
|Car Insurance Limon|
Last Updated on by Shawn Christie