AUTO – HOME
As the gateway to the Great Sand Dunes and the heartbeat of the Majestic San Luis Valley, Alamosa offers the perfect mix of outdoor activities and unique experiences. Don’t let the search for auto or homeowners insurance get you down, let us shop for you.
Alamosa Insurance- Rating factors
How do insurance companies come up with my personalized rate? Along with other factors, like age, gender, and marital status, below are the main rating factors companies use.
A common question us agents may get; is why does my neighbor pay less than me? Some of the highest rating factors are your credit and your driving history. Other factors that play a ‘medium’ impact on rates is the type of vehicle, the coverage, and how many drivers are driving each vehicle.
Check out the chart below for rating factors in Alamosa to understand better what all goes into calculating your premium.
What Rating Factors Affect Your Insurance Rates?
|Anti Theft Device||Low|
|How Long Have You Owned The Vehicle||Low|
|Vehicle Performance (symbol)||Medium|
|Vehicle Make and Model||Medium|
How age and gender affect your Insurance rates
Why does age and gender matter with insurance rates? Statistics show, that a driver with more years of experience are safer drivers than someone just starting out. Wouldn’t you agree?
Males are typically more expensive to insure, based on driving studies. Men statistically receive more speeding tickets and cause more damage in an accident than women do. Companies have to look at these factors to determine the risk. If you are a young male, you will pay close to double what someone in their 40s and 50s will pay. But the good news is, your rates will go down with age!
|16-18||$ 231.84||$ 184.09|
|19-24||$ 193.20||$ 161.00|
|25-30||$ 139.84||$ 124.84|
|31-40||$ 110.40||$ 106.08|
|41-50||$ 109.48||$ 98.44|
|50-65||$ 99.36||$ 101.48|
|65+||$ 106.08||$ 114.08|
Cheapest liability insurance rates in Alamosa
Below, we have put together the list of companies that we work with in Alamosa and the average price our customers are paying for liability. Liability is the bare minimum you are required to carry on your insurance policy, you can add additional state coverages like Uninsured Motorist and Medical payments, which is still considered liability.
You will see, Dairyland Insurance, generally comes in the cheapest for our customers, whereas Travelers comes in higher. Travelers is a preferred company, and only accept customers that fit their specifications.
Your credit and how it affects your insurance rates
Its especially important to keep up with your credit score, and for many reasons. One good reason is it affects your auto insurance rates. Depending on your score can determine if you will have a good rate or one that can break the bank. Check out the below that shows what rates can look like by your credit score.
Credit Impact on Insurance rates in Alamosa
|Average Premium by Score||Average Price|
- If you want a relaxing and historic experience, Alamosa CO is the place to go !It has more than 25 landmarks, and more than 150 years of history.
- Downtown Alamosa showcases late Victorian, Mission Revival, and Art Deco architecture, and the buildings are all equally colorful with an array of shops, restaurants and historical sites.
- One of the most popular one is Rio Grande Scenic. There you will hear the staff tell stories about train history and the miners and settlers of yesteryear.
- If you are craving Mexican food, Alamosa is home to Authentic Mexican food! They have over 3 dozen restaurant options!
- During your visit, you may want to relax and enjoy some views. Alamosa is known as a Gateway to the Great Sand Dunes National Park, the tallest sand dunes in North America reaching a 750-foot sand dune!
- You can enjoy some backcountry camping in the sand dunes or they have several sites along the Sand Ramp Trail and that offers amazing views of the park dunes, San Luis Valley and Sanger de Cristos. No matter what you choose to do there, you will have an amazing experience.