What is my neighbor paying for their 2017 Ford Edge?
Auto-Full Coverage, 2017 Ford Edge
See a sample rate for a Female Driver / Single 57 year old with No Violations – Full Coverage.
2017 Ford Edge: SAMPLE QUOTE
|Coverages and Other Factors
|Coverage Type: Full Coverage
|Number of Vehicles on Policy: 1
|Year/Make/Model: 2017 Ford Edge
|Ownership Status: Own/Paid Off
|Rental Coverage: Yes
|More Auto Coverage Details
|Insurance Company: Progressive Insurance Company
|Liability Limits: $25,000 each person / $50,000 each accident / $25,000 Property Damage
|Uninsured Motorist: Rejected
|Underinsured Motorist: Rejected
|Medical Payments: Rejected
|Comprehensive/Collison Deductible: $1,000 Deductible
Insurance Rating Factors
State: Durant, Oklahoma
Age Group: Late 50’s
Legal Marital Status: Single
Prior Insurance: Yes
SR-22: Not Required
Disclaimer: The purpose of this page is to showcase an estimate of what insurance may cost an individual with these products and/or circumstances. This is based on a real quote.
What Is A Continuous Insurance Discount?
A Continuous Insurance Discount (CID) is a type of discount offered by insurance companies to policyholders who maintain continuous coverage without any lapses or breaks in their insurance policy. The discount is typically applied to the premium of an auto insurance policy, though it may also be applicable to other types of insurance, such as homeowners insurance.
The main idea behind the Continuous Insurance Discount is to reward responsible and consistent behavior by policyholders. Insurance companies view continuous coverage as an indicator of lower risk since drivers or property owners who maintain coverage without gaps are generally seen as more responsible and less likely to make risky choices that could lead to accidents or claims.
The specific rules and conditions for a Continuous Insurance Discount can vary depending on the insurance provider. In some cases, the discount may increase over time as the policyholder’s history of continuous coverage grows longer. Conversely, if there is a lapse in coverage, the discount may be reset, and the policyholder may need to start building the continuous coverage history again.
It’s essential for policyholders to inquire about the Continuous Insurance Discount with their insurance company and understand the terms and requirements to take full advantage of the potential savings it offers. Also, it’s crucial to be aware that this discount is just one of many factors that can influence the overall cost of an insurance policy. Other elements such as the individual’s driving record, type of vehicle, location, and coverage limits will also impact the premium.
Why Should I Consider Increasing My Full Coverage Deductible?
Increasing your full coverage deductible can be a strategic decision to manage your insurance costs effectively. Full coverage typically refers to comprehensive and collision coverage on your auto insurance policy. The deductible is the amount you agree to pay out of pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in to cover the rest of the expenses in the event of an accident or claim.
Here are some reasons why you might consider increasing your full coverage deductible:
- Lower Premiums: One of the most significant advantages of increasing your deductible is that it usually leads to lower insurance premiums. By agreeing to pay a higher amount out of pocket in the event of a claim, the insurance company takes on less risk and, in turn, rewards you with reduced premiums.
- Cost Savings: If you are a safe driver with a good track record and have accumulated some savings, increasing your deductible can be a smart financial move. By opting for a higher deductible, you are essentially self-insuring for a portion of the risk, and this can lead to substantial savings over time, especially if you rarely make claims.
- Avoiding Small Claims: Having a higher deductible encourages policyholders to be more cautious about filing small or minor claims. For minor incidents that result in damages below the deductible amount, you would be responsible for the full repair costs anyway. By avoiding these small claims, you can maintain a clean claims history and potentially prevent your premiums from increasing.
- Tailored Coverage: Choosing a higher deductible allows you to customize your insurance policy based on your financial situation and risk tolerance. If you have a robust emergency fund or can easily afford the deductible amount, it may make sense to take on more of the risk yourself and pay lower premiums.
However, while increasing your deductible can be beneficial, it’s crucial to consider your personal financial situation carefully. Make sure you have enough funds set aside to cover the higher deductible comfortably in case you need to make a claim. If you don’t have sufficient savings to cover the deductible, it may not be the right time to increase it.
Ultimately, the decision to increase your full coverage deductible should be made after careful consideration of your financial capabilities and your risk tolerance. It’s a good idea to discuss your options with your insurance provider or agent to determine the best deductible amount that suits your needs and budget.
What Is the Reputation of a 2017 Ford Edge?
The 2017 Ford Edge generally had a good reputation in the automotive market. Here are some key points about its reputation:
- Reliability: The 2017 Ford Edge has been regarded as a reliable vehicle with a history of solid performance. It received positive ratings for its longevity and overall dependability.
- Safety: The Ford Edge of this model year typically received good safety ratings from various organizations, such as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Many versions of the 2017 Edge were equipped with advanced safety features and driver-assistance technologies.
- Comfort and Space: Owners and reviewers often praised the Ford Edge for its spacious interior, comfortable seats, and smooth ride quality. It is considered a family-friendly SUV with ample room for passengers and cargo.
- Technology and Features: The 2017 Ford Edge came with a range of technology options and infotainment features, which varied based on trim levels. Higher-end trims offered more advanced technology and convenience features.
- Performance: The Ford Edge offered a range of engine options, including fuel-efficient EcoBoost engines and a powerful V6, providing a good balance between power and efficiency.
It’s important to note that individual experiences can vary, and factors such as how well the vehicle was maintained, its mileage, and its usage can influence the overall satisfaction of owners. If you’re considering purchasing a used 2017 Ford Edge, it’s a good idea to read specific reviews from owners and consider getting a professional inspection before making a final decision. Additionally, checking the vehicle’s service history and verifying any potential recalls can provide further insights into the car’s condition and reliability.
Curious to see what YOUR quote would be? Click here to fill out an online form to receive a estimate or give us a call at 888-445-2793.