Is A Rental Car Covered?
Most likely if you have an auto policy it will cover rental vehicle.
- Liability insurance- this will cover when you get into an accident with the rental car, this will cover damages done to other vehicles or property.
- Liability is required in almost all states, so it is a coverage you should already have on your auto policy. So, when you are at fault in an accident, and other vehicles were damaged or your rental vehicle this is where liability will kick in.
- Full Coverage– full coverage is going to mean that you have comprehensive and collision on your policy.
- Collision is going to pay for instances when you hit an object or other vehicles.
- Comprehensive will cover damages due to theft, weather or fire etc.
It would be wise to talk with your insurance carrier about if your full coverage would cover a rental.