Top 10 Reasons Your Business Needs to Start Using Social Media For It’s 2021 Marketing Strategy
“Content is fire; social media is gasoline.”-Jay Baer
- 1. Marketing With Social Media Enables Outreach to a Large Audience
- 2. Marketing With Social Media Is Free (or low budget) Advertisement
- 3. Marketing With Social Media Helps You Engage and Connect
- 4. Marketing With Social Media Can Positively Affect SEO
- 5. Marketing With Social Media Helps You Learn about the Competition
- 6. Marketing With Social Media Helps Identify Content that Resonates With Your Audience
- 7. Marketing With Social Media Helps Build Brand Awareness and Trust
- 8. Marketing With Social Media Helps Build Community
- 9. Marketing With Social Media Helps You Measure Your Marketing Efforts
- 10. Marketing with Social Media Allows You to Tell Your Story
According to entrepreneur.com, 97% of Fortune 500 Companies rely on social media.
We live in a digital world where digital marketing is no longer a friendly suggestion, but a crucial aspect of business strategy. If you don’t think that it is worth your time, you are missing out on a very effective way to help your business grow and succeed.
Hopefully These top 10 reasons your business should be using be using social media as a part of your marketing strategy convinces you it’s time to start looking into a social media campaign.
1. Marketing With Social Media Enables Outreach to a Large Audience
Even the smallest of businesses can have access to potentially millions of people. Using social media correctly enables a business to create an online presence that will help:
- To attract new customers
- Build strong relationships with existing customers
- Increase sales
- Drive website traffic
2. Marketing With Social Media Is Free (or low budget) Advertisement
It’s free to sign up on almost all social networking platforms, and mostly free to use. If you create consistent content that is interesting and engaging, you can very likely build up an audience without any help from the paid advertising features on various platforms.
For example if the right person re-tweets a message from your company, it could potentially reach hundreds (hopefully thousands) of people.
Paid social media helps with targeting audiences and driving sales in a much shorter amount of time.
If you decide to invest in the paid ads, it doesn’t have to be a crazy monetary investment. Start small. Some paid social media ads can start as low as $1.00 for a campaign, and are short term campaigns.
These ads are very measurable and allow you to easily track the effectiveness your paid ad campaign had on your marketing efforts.
3. Marketing With Social Media Helps You Engage and Connect
Social media marketing allows you to directly communicate and interact with customers or potential customers.
You are able to capture their attention and show that you care about specific needs they need met. It’s a chance to share your brand and how you can offer a solution.
You give your audience a chance to share their opinions as well! By using polls, asking questions, inviting them to comment, you allow them to share their own ideas. People just want to be heard, and they will remember you as someone who wants to listen.
You also gain valuable feedback. Social media gives you the chance to directly ask your users and customers how you can improve.
By staying active on your platforms and responding to people’s comments and questions, you build trust and help them see that there are real people behind your brand.
4. Marketing With Social Media Can Positively Affect SEO
While social media does not contribute directly to the SEO ranking algorithm, it’s a great way to build backlinks and anchor links…which does improve SEO ranking.
By creating quality content that connects with your audience, people will hopefully want to share it with others. They share on their social media platform, and then create a cycle of people sharing your content again and again, ultimately generating backlinks.
Social media users are constantly sharing blog posts, images, videos, info-graphics, and pod-casts. If you have valuable content such as this, lots of shares will signal to Google that you have amazing content and your search rankings could go up.
5. Marketing With Social Media Helps You Learn about the Competition
Competition is what drives most successful brands to perform, so learning from the competition is no longer just a good and sneaky idea. Everyone is doing it, and it’s crucial if you hope to establish yourself as leading brand in your market.
Firstly, if you look at the top competitors in your niche, you can see which specific social media platforms they are using. Not every social media platform will make sense for you to use…the competitors will help you narrow it down. You can also find out:
- How are they driving traffic to their websites?
- What is making your competitors stand out in a positive way?
- How well their strategy is working and try it yourself.
- How you can differentiate yourself from the competition and stand out as better.
- Who are their top followers?
- How often do they post?
- What effective hash-tags are they using?
- What is their engagement rate?
6. Marketing With Social Media Helps Identify Content that Resonates With Your Audience
The type of content that performs well with an audience is constantly changing.
Use of social media and keeping up with the analytics helps to keep up with the trends.
According to a study at cisco.com, it’s predicted that by 2022, 82% of all online content will be video content. How will knowing that statistic affect your marketing plans?
Trending photos and videos one month won’t necessarily be trending the next month.
When you stay up to date with patterns and trends, you signal to your following that you care about what is important to them at that moment.
7. Marketing With Social Media Helps Build Brand Awareness and Trust
A strong social media presence helps your customers find you!
Without brand awareness, you will have a difficult time setting yourself apart from the competition. People won’t know who you are or what you have to offer.
But It’s more than gaining numbers and sales (even though that is certainly important).
As you build your good reputation and show off your amazing customer service via social media platforms, your audience will automatically connect a great experience with your brand.
You want to attract customers, AND help them become loyal to your company.
8. Marketing With Social Media Helps Build Community
Whatever industry you are in, you want a loyal band of people who follow you and promote you!
If you can successfully build a community, you in effect build a tribe of people ready to advertise you and buy your products, and refer you to everyone they know.
Building a community involves organic engagement and interest in the people, and interest in solving their problems. This will involve putting the people first and your product or brand second.
Social media is the perfect place to do this with all of it’s various tools and platforms such as Facebook groups, Facebook messenger, Instagram stories, live videos, forums, etc.
9. Marketing With Social Media Helps You Measure Your Marketing Efforts
Measuring your efforts and seeing how your marketing is translating into numbers helps you direct your energy and time successfully.
Social media marketing encourages you to think about very specific goals and craft how you use each platform to accomplish that specific goal.
Goal: AWARENESS—>TRACK VOLUME, REACH, EXPOSURE
Goal: ENGAGEMENT–>TRACK COMMENTS, REPLIES, PARTICIPANTS
Goal: DRIVE TRAFFIC–>TRACK URL SHARES, CLICKS,CONVERSIONS
For example, if you decide that your company is trying to focus on driving traffic to your website, you know to monitor URL shares, clicks, and conversions.
You then will be able to direct your efforts accordingly and be more strategic in your marketing approach.
10. Marketing with Social Media Allows You to Tell Your Story
Brand storytelling makes your content more relatable and sets you apart from all of the other brands out there who simply push their product on people.
- Storytelling marketing motivates you to understand your customers
- It builds a relationship with them and you build an emotional connection with your audience.
Presenting facts and information can be useful, but what people will really remember and connect with is a story. If you can market by way of social media storytelling, you cement your place in someone’s memory.
Brand storytelling is an art, and this article from Emplify really helps break down how to execute this in your marketing strategy.
Social media marketing can seem daunting, but it’s worth the time to try it. Remember it’s free to sign up on almost all platforms…so don’t let 2021 end without implementing a strategy.
Are we missing anything important? We want to hear from you. Other than our top 10 reasons listed, how has social media helped your marketing efforts?
Last Updated on August 11, 2021 by Veronica Moss