Florida Home Owners Insurance
- Florida Home Owners Insurance
- What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover In Florida?
- Most Common Causes For Homeowners Loss And Claims (nationwide)
- Cheapest Homeowners Insurance (by city) In Florida
- Homeowners Coverage Options In Florida
- Homeowners Insurance in Florida
- Discounts Available For Homeowners Insurance In Florida
- Best Homeowners Insurance By Company In Florida
- Bundling Options With Homeowners Insurance In Florida
- * Laws Pertaining To Homeowners In Florida
- Which Companies Offer Homeowners In Florida?
- Additional Helpful Links
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover In Florida?
Homeowners insurance helps pay to repair or rebuild your home and replace personal property due to a covered loss. A typical policy would include loss from theft and structural damage from fire, leaks, water discharge, fallen trees, or as a result of a storm.
Most Common Causes For Homeowners Loss And Claims (nationwide)
You will notice a natural disaster theme in the chart below.
Statistics show that 98.1% of losses and homeowners claims are due to property damage, with wind and hail damage making up a big chunk.
But don’t rule out the small percentage of homeowners losses due to theft…it still happens!
|Other Weather related|
|Loss of Use|
Cheapest Homeowners Insurance (by city) In Florida
Here you will find some of the cheapest homeowners coverage rates by cities in Florida. Even if your city is not listed here, we can still get you affordable rates.
|Lehigh Acres||American Family|
|Cape Coral||Liberty Mutual|
|Miami Gardens||Progressive (ASI)|
|The Villages||Progressive (ASI)|
|Town ‘n’ Country||USAA|
|Palm Coast||State Farm|
|Port St. Lucie||USAA|
|West Palm Beach||Progressive|
Homeowners Coverage Options In Florida
Homeowners Insurance in Florida
Homeowners insurance covers replacing your home and personal items up to certain limits, depending on your policy. While most disasters are covered, earthquakes and flooding is not. Additionally, insurance policies do not cover the normal aging of your house.
In your policy, there are several coverage types identified:
- Coverage A – Dwelling — Pays for damage or destruction to your house and any unattached structures and buildings. Examples include fences, attached garage, or patio cover.
- Coverage B – Other structures such as a garage, deck or swimming pool
- Coverage C – Personal Property — Covers the contents of your house, including furniture, clothing and appliances, if they are stolen, damaged, or destroyed.
- Coverage D – Loss of Use — Pays for additional living expenses if your home is uninhabitable due to a covered loss. Most standard Florida Homeowners Insurance policies pay 10% to 20% of the amount of your Dwelling coverage
- Coverage E – Liability — Protects you against financial loss if you are sued and found legally responsible for someone else’s injury or property damage
- Coverage F – Medical Payments — Covers medical bills for person(s) injured on your property.
Discounts Available For Homeowners Insurance In Florida
Here you will find some of the ways you can get discounts with your home owners insurance. It’s always helpful to have some of these features in your home, now it’s also a good way to save.
|Smoke detector (monitored)|
|New home discount|
|Hail resistant roofing|
|Bundling Multiple Polices|
|Auto water shut off or leak detection|
Best Homeowners Insurance By Company In Florida
You deserve and want the best coverage and company to handle your home. Here you will find a list of the best companies for the best home owners insurance ratings.
Bundling Options With Homeowners Insurance In Florida
Bundling some of your other vehicles and insurances is a great way to save money. Having everything under one roof with one premium is a great way to take care all of your insurance needs.
* Laws Pertaining To Homeowners In Florida
Here is a great and informative resource for Florida HOA Laws & FL Homeowners Association Resources.
Which Companies Offer Homeowners In Florida?
Having choices when it comes to your homeowners insurance provider is a great thing to have. Below you will find the companies who offer homeowners insurance in Florida.
Additional Helpful Links
|Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado Springs|
|Insurance in Grand Junction|
|Best Auto Insurance in Arizona|
Last Updated on November 10, 2021 by Shawn Christie