Things You Will Need To Provide For Quotes
Having insurance is required, so everyone is going to have to experience getting an auto insurance quote. Let us walk you through how it works, and what all you will need.
You will be asked to provide….
- Personal information- of course your name, they will ask for your address and birthdate. Sometimes you will be asked what you do for a living and maybe a previous address or they will ask how long you have lived at your current address.
- You will be asked if you have prior insurance and may be asked to provide proof of that.
- Vehicle information- This will be the VIN number (vehicle identification number), the year, make and model. They will ask you if you own the car or have a lienholder you will need to add. Some even ask about the car features.
- Mileage- The carrier will want to know what your vehicle will be used for. commute, pleasure, or a work vehicle. Now with all the delivery services available, they will ask if your car will be used for these purposes.
- Driver information- have your driver license ready. They will ask for that number and if you will be the only driver or if any other drivers in your household will be driving it.
- Driving History- They will ask usually the past 5 years if you have had any tickets or accidents. Make sure you are honest with this; the company will run reports and find out.
- Coverage limits- And of course, they will ask what coverages you want and will go over which each limit required are in your state and any add-ons.
This entire process is extremely easy and fast. It can take about 15 minutes. You can call in or even do it online. All the questions that you answer influences your quote. After they run the report and give you your quote, you can accept if you would like and you will need to sign some paperwork and be good to go!