Difference Between Comprehensive & Collision Coverage

Comprehensive And Collision Coverages

There are two kinds of coverages that cover Physical Damage. Those two are Collision and Comprehensive. There are some differences between the two.


  •   This one pays for the damage caused to your car when you have an accident with another vehicle, an object, a pothole or from just flipping over.


  • This will compensate you when damage is done to your car that wasn’t caused by an accident. This one will cover from things like theft, windstorms, floods, hail and hitting animals.

When you are making payments on your car (have a lienholder) then you are required to have both Comprehensive and Collision coverage on your vehicle. In a lot of cases, most insurances require you to have both comprehensive and collision.

image shows a tree hitting a red car versus a red car hitting a tree depicting the difference between comp and collision

You May Also Like…